Monday, May 28, 2007

This article is for my dear friend DORIS. Read it slowly and hear what he is
saying.

One of my favorite sayings and guiding philosophies in life is this: The end of one thing is ALWAYS the beginning of something else. What seems like a trite and simple saying has always provided me with a powerful motivation and a healthy mantra that never fails to move me forward. Whenever I’ve had to face heartache or disappointment in my life, I’ve always turned to this phrase for solace and motivation. And the reality is that, no matter what is happening in your world, there’s always reason to look forward. Life is truly amazing in that way. Heartache, crisis and disappointment touch all of us on occasion, but those who remain optimistic and find future happiness are those who deal with these situations the best.

One thing that I have learned in all of my years of counseling people in crisis and helping them deal with loss is this: It’s not what happens to you…it’s how you respond that creates the kind of life that you live. When all is said and done, happiness, optimism and peace of mind are all tied to your perspective. So whether it’s a job you’ve lost, a relationship that has turned sour or something else that has changed dramatically in your life, I say this: The end of one thing is ALWAYS the beginning of something else. What that “something else” becomes is entirely of your making. Stop looking back because your future is definitely not behind you. It’s straight ahead!

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

No comments: